Coachella 2015 will be one of the largest music and arts festivals in Southern California and we’re finally going. Aside from the high cost of tickets, we are also planning for a number of other costs associated with camping out on site for 3+ days. Fortunately, these secondary costs will be for items that can and will be used for many other purposes as well — like camping, road trips, concerts and who knows what else!
At the time of this writing, Coachella 2015 is still over six months away, but that’s not stopping us from at least getting the plans locked down. Follow through the posts below as we work our way to April 10th and hopefully we’ll all have a blast.
- Part 1 – Advanced Ticket Sales – To begin, we had to get tickets. This was quite a dramatic situation in itself, but in the end, it all worked out for the better.
- Part 2 – Acquiring Supplies – We’ve already started an Amazon wishlist outlining pretty much everything we need for just over 3 days in Coachella Valley.
- Part 3 – April 9th (Day 1) – After finally meeting our group to go in, we waited again and again until we finally got settled into camp.
- Part 4 – April 10th (Day 2) – The first day of the festival would be our first true test of dealing with the heat and all the walking around. We survived and got to see a lot of good performances too.
- Part 5 – April 11th (Day 3) – The second festival day started out slow for us, but got kicked into high gear once the sun went down. Once again, a tremendous amount of fun was had.
- Part 6 – April 12th (Day 4) – The last day has arrived. It was bitter sweet to leave, but it was such a blast and we’ll definitely come back again.
UPDATE: The Coachella 2015 lineup has been announced and I must say that I’m floored!! Since I’ve never really been that big on huge festivals and tons of unheard of bands, Coachella has never been a big draw for me, but after seeing AC/DC on the set list (among a few others), I have to say that this is as close to a perfect lineup as I could expect for my first time out.